As a school, we are working to achieve the Wellbeing Award for Schools (WAS). This award focuses on the metal wellbeing for pupils, parents and staff. We a fully committed to making St Thomas’ a safe environment that understands the importance of positive mental health.
About the Wellbeing Award for Schools
Developed in partnership with NCB, this whole-school award focuses on ensuring effective practice and provision is in place that promotes the emotional wellbeing and mental health of both staff and pupils.
The award has a focus on changing the long-term culture of a school, and embedding an ethos where mental health is regarded as the responsibility of all.
To achieve this award schools will be expected to demonstrate how they:
- Show their commitment to promoting mental health as part of school life
- Improve the emotional wellbeing of their staff and pupils
- Ensure mental health problems are identified early and appropriate support provided
- Offer provision and interventions that matches the needs of its pupils and staff
- Engage the whole school community in the importance of mental health awareness
- Capture the views of parents, pupils and teachers on mental health issues